Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Newest participant numbers

The newest numbers are in--24 homes in San Jose are going solar by participating in the Downtown San Jose Solar Project. These homes will be producing 99kW in electricity.

I asked REC Solar to give me some information about the long term impact of this project so far, and this is what they say:

24 systems in San Jose with 99kW in capacity will produce 3,560,000 kWh over the systems’ lifetime and will offset, according to today’s current fuel mix, 5,055,861 of carbon dioxide.

I am so excited by this news, and I am just astounded by the success of this project!


Marni Kamzan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in 95112 zip code.

I read a case study of 1200 sf house using 1.5Kw solar system. My house is in the same category and I'm interested in participating. How can I find more information?
Thx,

-lennie

Joe Goes Solar said...

I think the best next step is to get REC to come out and evaluate your house for solar. If you want to talk to a neighbor who has gone through process, feel free to send me an email.